Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cauliflower Couscous Recipe

I find it difficult to write recipes as most of the time I just throw in whatever I have and don't measure it. This recipe I stole from Matt Amsden's RAWvolution recipe book so I will give you the exact one he has.

Cauliflower Couscous

2 heads of cauliflower, finely ground in a food processor
1/2 fresh cup of lemon juice
1 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 bunch fresh parsley, stems removed
1 bunch fresh mint, stems removed
1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
One 13 oz jar pitted Greek olives

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.

So now my modified version:
I only used about 3/4 head of cauliflower
juice of half a lemon
about 1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of pepper
no sea salt
1/2 bunch of parsley
about half a container of fresh mint
1/2 bunch cilantro
about 20 kalamata olives
about 10 cherry tomatoes to add color

It's very tasty, I love that there is a lot of pepper in it. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment