I am a strong believer that when you are ready to learn something new it will appear in front of you in some form or another. This happened to me in the spring after I started yoga. I happened to be at the drug store waiting for a prescription and was browsing the magazing rack. This magazine popped right out at me, it is called: "Light of Consciousness" It is a journal of spiritual awakening. Now normally I'd be looking at Oprah magazine or the latest trashy Hollywood gossip about how many kids Brad and Angie have or who gained 2 lbs and is now considered fat. Anyway, so I picked up this magazine and just bought it, didn't even look inside. I felt I needed to have it.
Reading the articles in this magazine was life changing to say the least. The first article was on the yogic way of life. I wish I could transcribe the whole article in here, but the Coles notes version of it is "We have to behave and deal with others as we perceive, and at the same time believe and have faith that everyone is God, everyone is divine." I kept hearing the song in my head as I read : "If God had a name.... what would it be and would you call it to his face..."
There was another lovely article about the Healing power of trees. They do so much for us, we could not live without them as the article suggests: " The most important thing you can do is to honour and give your gratitude to the trees that provide you with clean air and water." I love trees, always have, love everything about them, their beauty, their grandeur, their symmetry, their endurance and strength. So thank you my trees for the beauty you bring to my life and the clean air you provide.If you'd like to learn more about it, here is their Web site: http://www.truthconsciousness.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment