Friday, September 23, 2011

Mango Chutney

This is another of my favourite recipes by Matt Amsden.  I will give you his recipe as well as my modified version.

Mango Chutney

2 cups of chopped mango
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinagre
2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, peele and crushed with a garlic press
1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion or scallions
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

Combine all ingredients, mix well & serve

Jo's version

I generally leave out the apple cider vinagre as I'm not a fan of the taste of it, I don't put any stone ground mustard or garlic and I generally use green onion instead of red.  Raw onion and garlic do a number on my stomach, so I generally leave them out of all recipes.

Agave nectar is a natual sweetener.  Save yourself the extra expense and use honey or maple syrup.

I generally like to have this served with flax crackers or in a cabbage leaf wrap or even on it's own.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment