Monday, November 7, 2011

Coconut Fudge...

I have tried several recipes for coconut fudge, this one by Matt Amsden is one of my faves..... (I generally amend it to suit what's in my cupboards)

3 cups of raw walnuts
1/2 cup carob powder (I use cocoa)
2 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup of agave nectar (I have also used maple syrup or honey)

Grind the walnuts in a food processor until they have a buttery consistency

In a large mixing bowl combine the carob or cocoa powder and shredded coconut and mix well. Add the ground walnuts and the agave nectar (or other sweetener) and mix well.

Press the mixture into a glss baking dish, creating a flat, even layer approximately 3/4 inch think. Cut into squares and serve as is. Or cover and freeze until thoroughly chilled for a more solid consistency before cutting and serving.

Think I just might go make some now...............



namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment